Allegorical Nonsense

An allegory. Nonsense. Put them together. Okay, not really.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Retiling the bathroom

So I finally got off my e-ass (I like to think of it as the slow version of e-mule), and checked out some other people's blogs. And you know what I found out? Whereas in the past, the only way I would see someone else's blog was by clicking on a likely sounding "Random Blog" on the homepage of Blogspot.com (and finding out that it sounded likely because it was crap), I started looking at the blogs that my friends link to on their blogs, and so on and so on. What I realised was: (i) that it took me a few seconds to figure out how to say "and so on and so on". What came to mind was: "וכן הלאה וכן הלאה", which I think really says something about priming and neurocognition and the like; and (ii) that there are actually some blogs out there that I can really get into, and some people with genuine feelings and a lack of embarrassment about expressing them. And that's really nice. Oh, and (iii) I figured out that I've started to number things in lists like a lawyer. You know, Roman numerals. Semicolons. I burnt my finger the other day. Classic product liability case. In a sense, I'm disappointed I didn't get more injured so that I could sue the Chinese manufacturer of that quality sparkler which I lit on the stove and burst into flame. Can you get punitive damages in China? I like the idea. Punish people for being careless. In fact, I think it is worthwhile applying the idea to everyday life. Spill over a glass of water? Get a punch in the face! That'll teach you for next time. And if you don't learn, up the punishment until you do! All those shlemiels and shlimazels out there have got another think coming. Okay, I'm starting to talk like a hillbilly. I think it's time to pop my blister and let out a little blister fluid. It's been a pleasure sharing with you.
Daniel

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Blogger SFH said...

I agree! In fact, I decided to click on the blogs that you're linking to and I found them really interesting. Google News is simply fascinating and that Edit-Link site is a riot! Especially the second one with the same name...

Keep up the tremendous blog!
(Gee, what an ass am I)

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Ah, Simon, a wise man once said: One must learn to crawl and walk before learning to run and fly. I think it was Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America".

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Okay, I edited the damn links. Ass.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger SFH said...

HOORAY!!
Now all I have to do is convince Sean to do the same and my little web-ring will be complete...
Bwa-ha-ha

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Yeah, you just need that one to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home