Allegorical Nonsense

An allegory. Nonsense. Put them together. Okay, not really.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Avoid Inhaling Lime Dust

I have a very serious question for anyone who can help me. I was reading about how to pickle cucumbers (just curious - it somehow came out of a page in Amos Oz's "A Tale of Love and Darkness" - I'm still not quite sure how) at http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC3420.htm, and came across the stern admonition:

CAUTION: Avoid inhaling lime dust while mixing the lime-water solution.

Can someone tell me what happens if you inhale lime dust while mixing a lime-water solution? Is it hazardous to your health? If so, who would have thought that preparing such a mundane (albeit tasty) accompaniment to a hearty meal of borscht and noodles could endanger hard-working people's lives so? I really think that this is one of the more urgent and pressing issues confronting our world today.

Okay, that was a joke. I don't really think.

Good night.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really hoping this was for real, as i inhaled a relatively large amount of spray lime for crops and now have a rather potent chest infection, or what i can only assume is a chest infection.. i need answers! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home